Yesterday at Sevananda’s Meatless Monday, I was excited to present a wonderful recipe that’s quick to make and easy to enjoy. Everyone who tried the Eggless Egg Salad were just astonished at how good it tastes. I had a couple of men who have been strict meat-eaters, but now because of health concerns are trying to eat a better diet comment after eating the salad that it was about the best food they had ever tasted. What a compliment! One even asked if I would prepare all of his food. Hmmm!!!
Anyway, here’s the recipe.
Vegan Raw Eggless Salad by Chef Joi
- 1 ½ cup Cashews
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Turmeric
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced (1 teaspoon if using minced garlic in a jar)
- 1 ¼ teaspoons Sea Salt (adjust according to your taste or omit)
- ½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ½ cup Green Onions, chopped
- ½ cup Celery, diced
- ½ cup Red, Yellow or Orange Bell Pepper, diced
- Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Prepare the green onions, celery and bell pepper. Place in a bowl.
- Process cashews, water, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, garlic, sea salt (if using), and mustard in a blender until smooth and creamy
- Add the cream mixture to the vegetables and stir well.
- Top salad with a sprinkle of paprika for color and it makes the salad pretty.
- Enjoy immediately or sit in the refrigerator for the flavors to meld together.
- Will last in the refrigerator stored in an air tight container for up to four days.
- Serve salad atop green leaves. Sprinkle paprika atop after the salad is placed.
- Cut roma tomatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds. Place salad instead the tomato halves and sprinkle paprika atop. Now you have deviled tomatoes.
- Eat as a sandwich between two pieces of raw bread.
- Cut a cucumber in 1½” chunks, scoop out center and place salad inside. Now you have deviled cucumbers
- Let your imagination be your guide. If all else fails, then place some salad on a plate or in a bowl and enjoy.
P.SI meant to take pictures, but the samples were going too fast.